Located in the mountains of Bokor National Park less than 1 hour from Kampot town, Prek Thnout offers a great scenery to its visitors. You will find unique unspoiled nature, fresh air, spectacular evergreen forests, clean rivers, exotic wildlife (wild monkeys, birds, peacocks), tasty local food, tranquillity, peace and traditional rural Cambodian village life.
Prek Thnout is located in Kampot province, between Preah Sihanouk province and Kampot Town. It is partially situated within the Bokor National Park and can be reached by bus, minibus or taxi. From Kampot Town it takes a 30km ride along National Road 3 or a 90km drive from Preah Sihanouk province along National Road Number 4. Please ask the bus driver to drop you off at Prek Thnout village.
If you are driving your own motorbike: Follow National Road No. 3 west, towards Sihanoukville. After sign post KM174 (Trapaing 6 km) on the left, and crossing a small bridge, you will see the Eco-Tourism sign on the right-hand side. Turn right and right again, follow the dirt road for 5 minutes.
LOCAL AREA & ACTIVITIES:
- Waterfalls and mangrove forest
- Watching Wildlife including birds, monkeys, and fireflies which often appear during the evening
- Hiking to waterfalls with a local guide
- Swimming in the streams
- Attending guided walks through the mangrove forest
- Taking a boat trip at night to see the mangrove forest and plenty of fireflies
- Experiencing traditional livelihoods and enjoying the rural Cambodian lifestyle